M-0188A Syncrocloser® Check Relay
The M-0188A Syncrocloser Check Relay is used as a permissive relay for secure reclosing of a circuit breaker by verifying that voltage and phase angle conditions are within pre-set limits before allowing the breaker to close. Adjustable front panel controls are provided for upper and lower voltage limits, voltage difference (ΔV) limit, phase angle limit, time delay and dead line/bus limits. Analog outputs of phase angle, voltage and ΔV are provided for SCADA system interface. Phase angle, voltage and time delay dial settings are independent and do not vary with input conditions.
- Accurate, independent controls require no additional instrumentation for field setting.
- Voltage limit ranges and dead line/dead bus closing features are optional.
- Remote contacts to shift phase angle or time setpoints are standard.
- Transducer analog outputs are SCADA compatible.
- Line Voltage: 120 V ac nominal, 145 V ac maximum continuous. Will withstand 240 V ac for 1 second.
- Bus Voltage: 120 V ac nominal, 145 V ac maximum continuous. Will withstand 240 V ac for 1 second.
- Select Dead Bus Close (by closing contact)*
- Select Dead Line Close (by closing contact)*
- * NOTE: One input must be greater than 100 V ac to ensure output relay closure.
- Jump to wider Phase Angle and/or Time (by opening contact)
- Enable Sync-Check Q NOTE: Line and Bus voltage inputs are transformer-isolated, allowing greater flexibility in applications.
- Whichever input voltage is high, 11 VA; the other input 1 VA.
- UPPER VOLTAGE LIMIT, either input: 100 to 140 V ac, accuracy 2% of full scale
- LOWER VOLTAGE LIMIT, either input: 90 to 120 V ac, accuracy 2% of full scale
- DELTA V LIMIT: 1 to 4 V, accuracy 5% of full scale (other ranges available)
- DEAD LINE LIMIT: 10 to 60 V, accuracy 7% of full scale
- DEAD BUS LIMIT: 10 to 60 V, accuracy 7% of full scale
- PHASE ANGLE LIMIT: degrees, 0 to 30°, accuracy 5% of full scale (other ranges available)
- TIME to close after PHASE ANGLE LIMIT OK, 0 to 15 seconds (0 to 1.5 seconds available), accuracy 5% of full scale