M‑0194 Generator Control Unit
Works in conjunction with M-0193B Syncrocloser® unit to close breaker at zero degrees phase angle error.
The M-0194 Generator Control Unit matches the generator speed and voltage to system conditions in minimum time with output control jogs that use a proportional pulse width algorithm. The time between control jogs is adjustable to match the response characteristics of the control, prime mover and generator system. The kicker pulse brings phase angle around through zero degrees if speed is matched but synchronism has not yet occurred.
- Matches Generator Speed And Voltage To System
- Works In Conjunction With M‑0193B Syncrocloser® Unit To Close Breaker At Zero Degrees Phase Angle Error
- Adjustable Jog Durations, proportional to error, for Voltage and Speed control.
- Time Between Jogs adjustments bring the generator to a matched condition in minimum time and eliminate overshoot and hunting.
- Kicker Pulse brings phase angle around through zero if speed is matched but synchronism has not yet occurred. Adjustable pulse duration compensates for the sensitivity of the governor.
- Power: 120 V ac ±10%, 60 Hz ±5 Hz or optional 50 Hz ±5 Hz, 10 VA maximum burden. Will withstand 150 V ac maximum continuous, 200 V ac for 1 sec.
- Interconnector Cable (Included): Provides logic inputs by connecting M-0194 Generator Control Unit to M-0193B Syncrocloser® Unit. Length of cable is approximately three feet.
- Speed Matching Range of Operation: 30 to 85 Hz
- TIME BETWEEN JOGS: available in two ranges: 1 to 15 sec. or 2 to 30 sec. JOG DURATION: proportional to error. Proportional
- Jog Duration is 1 to 10 sec. per Hz of frequency mismatch; linear for ∆F of 0.015 Hz to 1.5 Hz of mismatch.
- KICKER PULSE: A generator raise speed jog is produced if the speed matcher does not operate in the time set on the KICKER PULSE DURATION dial. The kicker pulse duration is adjustable from 0.1 to 2.4 seconds at a kicker pulse rate of one pulse per 6 to 120 seconds.
- Voltage Matching Range of Operation: 30-200 V ac
- TIME BETWEEN JOGS, available in two ranges: 1 to 15 sec. or 2 to 30 sec.
- JOG DURATION, proportional to error. Proportional Jog Duration: 0.1 to 1.0 sec. per volt of mismatch; linear from 1 to 20 V of mismatch.
- OUTPUT RELAY CONTACTS
- Raise Voltage Jog Raise Speed Jog
- Lower Voltage Jog Lower Speed Jog
Dry output contacts rated to make and carry 20 A up to 250 V dc, or to interrupt 0.9 A, 120 V dc inductive load or 0.4 A, 250 V dc inductive load. Open contacts will withstand 1500 V ac for one minute. Contacts to ground will withstand 1500 V ac for one minute.