M-0388 Syncrocloser® Check Relay
The M-0388 Syncrocloser® Check Relay is used as a permissive relay for secure reclosing of a circuit breaker by verifying that voltage and phase angle conditions are within pre-set limits before allowing the breaker to close. It is a panel-mounted, direct mechanical replacement for G.E. IJS and SLJ, and Westinghouse CVE relays.
- Panel mounted G.E. IJS and SLJ or Westinghouse CVE replacement.
- Accurate, independent phase, time and voltage functions
- Transducer and status outputs are standard features
- Modular construction allows cards to be removed while unit is installed
- Optional unit with voltage checking and dead line and dead bus closure capabilities can be installed at any time.
- Does not require a separate power source
- Complete test and checkout from front panel
- 20A output relay contacts open 0.9A inductive as 125V dc
- Temperature range of -40° to +80° C
- Functional in either 50 or 60 Hz applications.
- Line voltage, nominal 120 V ac, 150 V ac maximum continuous. Will withstand 200 V ac for 1 sec.
- Bus voltage, nominal 120 V ac, 150 V ac maximum continuous. Will withstand 200 V ac for 1 sec.
- Enable Sync-Check (by closing contact*). Open circuit voltage = 10 to 15 V dc; closed circuit current = 0.02 to 0.04 mA dc.
- *NOTE: One input must be greater than 100 V ac to ensure the Output Relay will close.
- Enable Dead Bus Closing (by closing contact*).
- Enable Dead Line Closing (by closing contact*).
- *NOTE: Required use of gold-plated contacts located close to the unit or a permanent jumper on the back of the unit.
- Whichever input voltage is high, 4 VA; other input, 1 VA.
- PHASE LIMIT: 0 to ±45° or 0 to ±90° (switch selectable), dial accuracy ±5% of full scale.
- TIME LIMIT to close after PHASE LIMIT OK: 0 to 1.5 sec or 0 to 15 sec. (switch selectable), dial accuracy ±10% of full scale.
- UPPER VOLTAGE LIMIT: either input: 110 to 140 V ac, dial accuracy ±5% of full scale.
- LOWER VOLTAGE LIMIT: either input: 90 to 120 V ac, dial accuracy ±5% of full scale.
- DEAD LINE/BUS LIMIT: 0 to 60 V ac, dial accuracy ±10% of full scale.