M-5072 Retrofit Kit For M-4272 Digital Motor Bus Transfer System
The M-4272 Digital Motor Bus Transfer System and a M-5072 retrofit kit provide the direct replacement of the M-0272/M-0236B Analog Transfer Logic Controller. The physical change is very simple and cost effective.
The M-5072 retrofit kit consists of a bracket and wiring harness that replicates the existing M-0272 terminal block locations. The M-5072 terminal blocks are located in the same positions as the M-0272 and it is attached to the M-4272. The wire harness connects the appropriate terminals between the M-4272 and the M-0272. This will allow a very simple replacement of the existing M-0272 equipment.
Since the existing analog M-0272/M-0236B takes 7u height while the M-4272 takes only 4u height. One rack mount black blank panel with 1u height and one rack mount black blank panel with 2u height are provided to fill up the empty spaces after the replacement.
Available are optional M-3919A Graphic Display Unit (GDU) and Touch Screen Human Machine Interface (HMI) for communicating with one or two M-4272 units.
- Adapts M-4272 Digital Motor Bus Transfer System as a replacement for existing analog motor bus transfer equipment
- Provides direct mechanical and electrical replacement of existing analog transfer logic controller M-0272/M-0236B
- Connects easily to the M-4272’s terminals without any wiring change
- The physical change is simple and cost effective
- Enhances the security, reliability and performance of your facility with additional features in the digital motor bus transfer equipment
- Optional M-3919A Graphic Display Unit (GDU) and Touch Screen Human Machine Interface (HMI) for communicating with one or two M-4272 units
The following is a list of the additional features that have been incorporated in the digital equipment that can enhance the security and performance of your facility:
- Bi-Directional Operation: The legacy equipment does not support automatic transfer from the standby source to the main source. The M-4272 supports automatic transfer in either direction by providing independent bus under voltage elements and transfer initiation inputs for each direction.
- Hot parallel Transfer: The legacy equipment does not support Hot Parallel Transfer. For routine transfers, the breakers must be operated manually. The safety of this method depends on the plant operator verifying the voltages are satisfactory prior to paralleling the sources. In addition, this transfer method is very slow which results in the sources being paralleled for long periods of time and provides no breaker failure protection. The M-4272 provides programmable, fully supervised closed transitions in either direction. This provides additional safety by ensuring the sources are compatible prior to paralleling, minimizing the time that the two sources are paralleled, and providing breaker failure protection for the entire operation.
- Self Diagnostics: The legacy equipment provides limited self diagnostics. Like our relay products, the M-4272 incorporates extensive self diagnostics that will automatically remove the equipment from service and notify operators in the event of input power failure or internal equipment fault.
- Programmable Logic
- Digital Oscillography
- Transfer Event Log
- Sequence of Events Logs
- Breaker performance monitoring
- Programmable load shedding
- Extensive metering and status
- Communications capability