2021 Beckwith Protection & Control Seminar
July 26-29, 2021
Clearwater Beach, FL
At the present time, we plan to proceed with the 2021 Beckwith Protection & Control Seminar in-person at the Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach, FL.
Cancellation Policy Surrounding COVID-19:
- You can cancel and receive a full refund of your registration fees up until the registration deadline of Friday, July 2, 2021.
- If Beckwith cancels the seminar for any reason, registration fees will be fully refunded.
We are closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19 and thank you for your patience and understanding as we adapt to the unpredictable nature of COVID-19 and its potential impact through the summer.
The seminar is divided into two program tracks, Power Plant Protection and Distribution Protection & Control. The Power Plant Protection Track provides an in-depth study of Generator and Transformer Protection, Motor Bus Transfer, and more. The Distribution Protection & Control Track provides an in-depth study of Transformer Protection, Feeder Protection, DER/DG Operation, Protection & Control, and Distribution System Optimization: VVO/CVR.
The seminar includes four days of intensive training and instruction, course materials, up to 2.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), 28 Professional Development Hours (PDHs), or 28 Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs), and the opportunity to interact with our knowledgeable instructors in a casual classroom environment. Participant interaction is encouraged to gain from the shared experiences of others. Opportunities to discuss needs-based case studies and examples are available throughout the seminar.
Hands-on Testing Lab Breakout Sessions are also available for each seminar track. These hands-on sessions are designed for individuals who are not required to learn complex setting equations, but want a solid understanding of proper test procedures.
Who should attend?
The Protection & Control Seminar is designed for engineers and technicians at utilities, consultancies, integrators, packagers and OEMs, as well as others who design, engineer, maintain and test protective relay, FLISR and voltage/VAR control systems. Relay technicians, and those responsible for testing and commissioning Beckwith protective relay, FLISR and voltage/VAR control systems are encouraged to attend our Testing Lab Breakout Sessions.
- The Power Plant Protection Track would benefit those involved with protection of power plant assets in both utility and heavy industrial environments, as well as those looking for a deeper background on the subject.
- The Distribution Protection & Control Track is designed for those who need a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and solutions for the protection and control of medium-voltage, utility-type distribution systems. Topics on arc flash and Distributed Energy Resources are included in this track.
- $1,350 per person by Friday, July 2, 2021, 5 PM EST. (Includes all course materials, breakfast, lunch, and evening activities.)
- 12% group discount for 2+ attendees from the same organization.
- The seminar fee does not include hotel accommodations or transportation.
- If you need to cancel your registration, you can receive a full refund with no fees up until our registration deadline of Friday, July 2, 2021.