M-2025D Current Loop Interface Module
Current-to-Voltage Analog Converter used with the M‑2001 Series Digital Tapchanger Control and M-2948 Tap Position Sensors to provide positive tap position knowledge.
- Beckwith Electric Tap Position Sensors directly mechanically replace Selsyn-Type tap position sensors
- Connects easily to the M‑2001 Series Digital Tapchanger Control using a 6-pin connector
- Provides a 9-position terminal block for easy connections
- Enclosed components permit user to select one of four current range configurations
- Small size permits mounting on any flat surface at least 6-1/2″ wide and 2–5/8″ high
- Includes dual functionality to convert current loop outputs from INCON® 1250 series to voltage signals for M-2001 Series Tapchanger Controls and accepts direct current inputs from Beckwith Electric position sensors
The M-2025D Current Loop Interface Module is a current-to-voltage analog converter that accepts a standard 4-20, 0-1, 0-2 or ±1 mA input or inputs from the Beckwith Electric M-2948 Tap Position Sensor.
Beckwith Electric Tap Position Sensors are absolute position indicators that directly mechanically replace Selsyn-Type (relative position) tap position sensors. The Beckwith Electric Tap Position sensors provide a 4-20 mA dc current loop output. The lowest current value corresponds to the lowest tap number. The highest current value corresponds to the highest tap number. The current signals are converted to a voltage signal using a shunt resistor on the voltage input to the M-2025D. The resultant voltage signal is conditioned in the M-2025D and routed to the M‑2001 series Tapchanger Control where the voltage is converted to a corresponding tap position number.